Saturday, April 2, 2011

Thoughts to ponder


I have just begun reading the book of Acts today and I just had an amazing revelation, looking at Simon Peter giving his sermon to the Jews who had traveled to Jerusalem the thing that struck me most was the knowledge that Peter has of the Hebrew Scriptures in this sermon he uses more than 3 different Hebrew scriptures, the reason that this is so cool to me is that Peter may not have had a full understanding of the scriptures but through the coming of the Holy Spirit Peter was given the ability to change and see something very different and show Gods glory.

Now on to the part that just hit me like a ton of bricks, I have really been struggling with my personal study of scripture and after reading this I see that first we must be in tune with the Holy Spirit and then we must begin the long process to discipline ourselves to build our communion with Yahweh.

Just something to ponder today….    

No comments:

Post a Comment